Registrations and Attendance Terms And Conditions
Before registering for a place at the “Kitacon Returns” event in 2022, please read our terms and conditions of registration below.
By registering for “Kitacon Returns” you agree to the conditions set out below as well as our COVID-19 policy. Kitacon Events Committee LTD reserves the right to amend the following Terms and Conditions without notification.
1) You are 18 years old, or older, on Friday 19th August 2022.
2) You recognise that you will need an officially recognised form of identification which includes:
- A valid and in-date passport.
- A full or provisional photo driving license.
- A Prove It card.
- Citizen Card.
- Connexions card.
- Validate UK card.
- Young Scot card – the latest version with the PASS hologram only.
- Armed Forces photo identity card.
- l Identity card.
Other Identification may be accepted at the discretion of the Kitacon Events Committee LTD committee, although this must be confirmed in advance. Non-Photographic IDs such as birth certificates will not be accepted. Contact email@example.com for confirmation.
Kitacon Events Committee LTD will refuse entry under all circumstances if correct ID is not presented. In this situation no refund will be issued.
In the event that the use, or attempted use, of forged identification is detected, entry to the event will be refused and refunds will not be issued under any circumstances. If such attempts are detected in advance of the event the concerned member’s registration will be cancelled and refunds will not be issued.
All circumstances of attempted use of forged identity documents will be reported to the Police.
3) “Kitacon Returns” is not a ticketed event but rather a private member event. Payment for your registration permits access to a singular member’s event.
4) Kitacon Events Committee LTD reserves the right to keep an electronic copy of any identification presented during badge collection, such copies will be secured in an encrypted, access controlled system for the duration of the event. Further details of which are available on request.
5) You must keep the badge identification provided by the “Kitacon Returns” Registration Team visible at all times during the convention. You must surrender the badge identification at the request of the Chairman. In the event of this you will be required to leave the convention floor and a refund will not be issued.
General Registration Terms
6) It is your responsibility to check your registration details, mistakes made in the registration process cannot always be rectified.
You agree to provide us with contact details, for legal and emergency reasons.
Anyone found to be using a false name or other details will be removed from the venue and banned from all future events as per section 1.
7) If your chosen badge name is deemed innappropriate by the decision of the committee, you will be required to provide us with a suitable alternative. If you refuse, it will be changed for you. Further protest will result in the ticket being refunded.
8) A registration shall not be used for advertising, promotions, contests or sweep stakes, unless formal written permission is given by Kitacon Events Committee LTD, provided that, even if such consent is obtained, use of Kitacon Events Committee LTD’s trademarks and other intellectual property is subject to the prior consent of Kitacon Events Committee LTD.
9) You agree that you will provide payment, in full, upon registering your membership and recognise that failure to do so may result in your space being released.
This payment limit can be adjusted at any point by Kitacon Events Committee LTD without notification. If this occurs you agree to pay by the revised set payment deadlines. No action will be taken regarding registrations expired due to changes in payment deadlines.
Cancellation and Registration
10) If you wish to cancel your registration, we will offer a refund of your registration fee minus a £15 administration fee up until 00:01 on the 23rd of July 2022.
11) Registrations and Alterations will be available up until 00:01 on the 23rd of July 2022. For further info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
12) In the event that you inform Kitacon Events Committee LTD of your inability to attend and a refund is not issued, you agree that your registration will be cancelled and that space made available to another registrant.
13) The unlawful resale (or attempted unlawful resale) of a membership is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that membership without refund or other compensation.
Event and Venue Security
14) You agree to abide by the rules of the convention surrounding members laid down by the “Kitacon Returns” Committee. To prevent confusion, “Kitacon Returns” specific rules are determined to apply to the entire site (including adjoining grounds) for the period of the event.
15) All members must abide by any hotel or venue rules. Kitacon Events Committee LTD accepts no responsibility for any damages caused by attendees over the weekend and will pass on any costs that arise due to the behaviour of an attendee.
16) Although every precaution is taken over the safety and security of all our members, ultimately we cannot be held responsible for the individual actions of any of our attendees.
In the event that a member is found causing offence or otherwise disrupting the convention atmosphere, appropriate action will be taken by the committee in accordance with set guidelines.
You agree that Kitacon Events Committee LTD will not be held liable for the actions of any of its members, but that Kitacon Events Committee LTD will comply with any legal request in such matters.
17) You recognise that the committee have the right to refuse entry to any member who has registered and who has committed a bannable offence at previous Kitacon Events Committee LTD events. Kitacon Events Committee LTD reserves the right to remove any member from the convention at their own discretion. If you register and have been notified of being on the Kitacon Events Committee LTD banned persons list, a refund will not be issued under any circumstances.
18) You agree that in the event that you are banned from “Kitacon Returns” your details will be stored in line with GDPR to maintain your ban.
19) Kitacon Events Committee LTD will comply with all Police or other governmental, regulatory body or venues’ official requests for information. By registering, you acknowledge that your information can be used in this way without limitation.
20) You recognise that, with regards to floor Cosplay Weapons, the committee have the final say and can remove it from your person and store it in the Operations Centre, where it can be picked up for Masquerade use only and again when you leave the convention. “Kitacon Returns” reserves the right to refuse access to the convention floor until the weapon is either removed or safely stored. The Cosplay Guidelines extend to the entire complex and its surrounding grounds.
21) Kitacon Events Committee LTD reserves the right to monitor its members through both electronic and manual means over the course of its events. In the event such monitoring is used, all members potentially affected will be notified wherever possible.
22) Registration holders consent to filming and sound recording as members of the audience in any events and in all public areas. Public areas consist of any venue communal areas.
23) Kitacon Events Committee LTD makes every effort to ensure the security of any information stored within its organisation. In the event of a breach, Kitacon Events Committee LTD will be liable for a sum of no more than £0.01 per membership.
24) Kitacon Events Committee LTD is not liable for failure to perform its contracted obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), nuclear event, war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service.
It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event. If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, we will use reasonable means to notify registration holders of the cancellation. We do not guarantee that registration holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
In the event of total event cancellation, “Kitacon Returns” will endeavour to offer a registration for another event hosted by Kitacon Events Committee LTD. In the event of this being impossible, Kitacon Events Committee LTD will refund all fees paid within 12 months of the date that the event was due to be held, or from the date it was cancelled, whichever is sooner. In the event of a similar event being organised following any of the above circumstances, for these reasons, registration fees will not be refunded.
25) In the event of any one clause of this contract being deemed unlawful, all other clauses will remain in effect.
26) Kitacon Events Committee LTD reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any times without prior notice. Notification will be granted upon official request to email@example.com.
27) Unless section 26 applies, Kitacon Events Committee LTD shall have no further liability beyond the sale value of the registration purchased. Kitacon Events Committee LTD shall not be liable for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure. Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation relating to the Event, which have been arranged by you, are at your own risk.
28) Nothing in these terms and conditions seeks to exclude any liability of Kitacon Events Committee LTD or its Event Partners for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or other type of liability which cannot by law, be excluded or limited.
Alcohol and other Drugs
Should you partake of alcohol, you are expected to drink responsibly. You will be held liable for what you say and what you do, even if intoxicated.
Persons who are intoxicated to the point of incapacity may be escorted to their rooms or expelled from the convention and venue, at the discretion of the Committee and/or venue security.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the entirety of the venue buildings, this includes e-cigarettes. The venue will eject the residents of any room where someone has been smoking. The only permitted smoking areas are outside the venue buildings in the designated smoker’s area. Smoking on venue room balconies is not permitted.
The possession, consumption or sale of illegal substances (including, but not limited to: THC, LSD, Ecstasy, Amphetamines, etc.) will not be tolerated. Attendees found in possession of such substances will be arrested, handed over to the police and indefinitely banned from the convention.
The abuse of any other substances, such as nitrous oxide( “nos balloons” and capsules), alkyl nitrites (“poppers”), glue, “legal highs” etc. will also get you immediately expelled and indefinitely banned from the convention.
29) All of these terms and conditions are governed by English Law and any disputes arising out of any transactions or other interactions with Kitacon Events Committee LTD are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.