Dealers Terms and Conditions
In this Agreement the following definitions will apply:
Kitacon Returns(“The Convention”)
The event organised by the Kitacon Committee at the The Warwick Arts Centre and University
during the dates of August 18th to the 21st 2022.
The Kitacon Committee (“The Committee”)
The Officers and Shareholders of Kitacon Events Committee Ltd.
Senior Convention Staff
The Directors of Kitacon Events Committee Ltd. (Company No. 09305607)
Vendors who have registered and paid for one or more tables at the Convention
The area allocated by Kitacon Returns for use by registered vendors.
Dealers’ (Room) Liaison
Committee member with direct responsibility for managing the Dealers’ Room – both prior
to and during the event.
The Terms & Conditions as set forth in this document govern the use of the Dealers’ Room and
should be electronically accepted upon booking. By applying for table space at the
Convention, the signatory agrees on behalf of themselves and all persons for whom they are
applying to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Dealers will receive two Dealer badges for the first table purchased, and one additional
pass with any additional tables purchased. Additional Dealer badges may be bought if
more staff members are required, at the rate advertised on the Convention website.
- Dealers and their staff are responsible for paying for their own food and other
beverages. A Dealer badge allows entry to the Convention for one person, is not
transferable, is valid for the duration of the Convention and must be worn at all times
in the Convention area.
- We will offer a refund of your registration fee minus a £15 administration fee up until
30 days before the event. All requests for refunds of table fees must be made to
firstname.lastname@example.org at least 30 days prior to Convention opening date, whereupon we
will offer a refund of your registration fee minus a £15 administration fee. Any refund
requests made after this time will be honoured only at the sole discretion of the
Committee due to the nature of the Convention. If there are any problems please
contact the Dealers’ Liaison on the email address above.
- The Committee does not condone the sales of any merchandise that violates UK
Copyright laws and will not be held liable for any damages arising from such violation
on the part of the Dealers who will remain solely and fully liable for any such
- Copyright marks should be visible on merchandise wherever appropriate. Any products
or items of merchandise that might be considered illegitimate in the opinion of the
Senior Convention Staff and/or has been brought to their attention by an appropriate
and competent authority must be immediately removed by the dealer concerned. Any
dealer who persists in offering the said merchandise for sale after being requested to
remove it will be barred from the dealer room and ejected from the Convention
immediately. All monies paid by or on behalf of the offending dealer will be forfeit.
- Merchandise MUST NOT be sold from accommodation bedrooms or any area outside
the designated Dealers’ Room, as this would be in violation of the accommodation’s
regulations. Anyone found doing so would be referred to accommodation security.
Any other illegal activities will also be referred to the proper authorities.
- If there is a problem, please contact the Dealers’ Liaison to advise that you are running
late. The Dealers’ Liaison can be reached on their mobile on the days of the Convention
or at email@example.com.
- If any Dealer is disruptive, disregards the rules, harasses customers, other dealers,
accommodation staff or the general public and is not amenable to correction, action
will be taken by the Senior Convention Staff. Complaints will be taken seriously and
the action taken may include the immediate expulsion of the offending person.
- No annoying or distracting displays or effects will be allowed. Lighting in the Dealer
Room should be sufficient for viewing of all materials. Displays with non-intrusive self
contained lighting (such as prefabricated cabinets) may be permitted, but this must be
specified at the time of booking whether or not a mains connection is needed.
- The selling of weaponry or potentially dangerous items is not permitted. The
Committee reserves the right to determine whether material should be classed
- Keep all pathways and exits clear. No materials will be allowed beyond the front edge
of each table. Dealers may be requested to move items by the Dealer Room Liaison to
ensure that exits are kept clear.
- Dealers may have food/drink at their tables, but at their own risk and will remain
responsible for removing any debris. The Dealers’ Room will not be cleaned during the
Convention and dealers should dispose of their rubbish in the bins provided. Dealers
will be permitted to eat and drink behind their tables, but are requested to respect
the wishes of other traders.
- No BluTac® or similar products may be used to hang posters and fliers on the walls of
the Dealers’ Room. Please do not attach anything to walls!
- We ask that dealers clear out of the Dealers’ Room as swiftly as possible at the end of
the Convention. Gophers will be on hand to assist where required.
Kitacon Events Committee Limited, its Officers and shareholders, the Warwick Arts Centre or
any of their staff will not be held liable for loss of equipment, merchandise, revenues, or any
other direct or indirect damage however caused. The Committee will endeavour to provide
suitable security wherever possible, but Dealers remain responsible for their property,
personal vehicles, and displays.
The Senior Convention Staff reserves a number of rights, including, but not limited to the
- The right to refuse to accept an application for the booking of dealer tables
- The right to revoke membership of the Convention whether belonging to any individual or
group, during the event itself if, in the opinion of the Senior Convention Staff, any person
behaves in a manner that could detract from the event.
- The right to refuse entry to the Convention to any individual.
These rights, singly or in any combination, shall be exercisable by the Senior Convention Staff
at its sole discretion.